Out of tragedy, we aim to save lives. So let’s change how we talk about suicide. Our mission is to create a positive change for the mental health of the youth of today.
We can end the silence, stop the increasing rate of youth suicide and empower the youth of Western Australia to live full, powerful and loving lives.
We are disrupting outdated traditional gender stereotypes and helping young men and women define and own their unique story: empowering them to confidently navigate a world of expectations, demands and emotional complexity, creating a healthier life for themselves and the people they love.
We are attempting to reduce the stigma around youth suicide and save young lives by breaking gender stereotypes.
We focus on early intervention as the best approach to reducing the rate of youth suicide.
- To reduce suicide amongst men and women in Western Australia and break the stereotype
- To improve awareness about mental illness and early prevention of suicide
- To reach as many young people as possible
- To build emotional muscles, emotional support and the capacity to talk with emotional intensity
- To enable every 16-year-old in Western Australia to attend a Kai-Fella early intervention workshop aimed at preventing suicide, disrupting stigmas and stereotypes and increasing emotional support
- To provide a network of services, advice and references for young people to help themselves or a friend